ABOUT DEAR STRAIGHT PEOPLE
Dear Straight People is Asia’s leading online LGBTQ+ publication based in Singapore that reaches over 300,000 people a month.
Founded by Sean Foo, the aim of Dear Straight People is to provide our followers with a mix of positive content that is informative, inspiring and engaging.
Since its launch, Dear Straight People has:
- Published more than 60 different coming out stories of openly queer Asians ranging from an openly gay pastor to a same-sex family.
- Produced a range of impactful videos ranging from an interview with a mother of two gay sons to a LGBT National Day song cover to empower Singapore’s LGBT community.
- Collaborated with community groups in fund-raising efforts such as this video for Singapore’s only LGBT counselling centre and this photo album for a sex worker rights group.
- Provided a platform for queer people to voice their opinions and tell their stories.
- Raised awareness of pro-LGBT businesses through successful marketing campaigns.
So regardless of whether you are straight, gay, bi or trans etc, there is always something relevant and interesting for you to read on our website.
We also have our own YouTube Channel
WHAT IS THE END GOAL FOR THIS WEBSITE?
The ultimate goal for this website is to be the leading LGBTQ+ content and community platform for everyone in Asia, regardless of their sexuality.
HOW DO I ADVERTISE WITH YOU?
We’ve conducted many successful promotional campaigns for a range of businesses targeting the ‘Pink Dollar’ across different industries.
Find out more here.
HOW DO I WRITE FOR YOU?
If you’re keen to contribute your story or opinion about LGBT related matters, drop us an email at email@example.com and we will get back to you shortly.
HOW DO I GET MYSELF FEATURED ON THE ‘OUT OF THE CLOSET‘ SERIES?
If you would like to have your story featured on the website, drop us an email containing the following information:
- A brief introduction of yourself
- Why you want to share your coming out story with Dear Straight People
- Links to your social media accounts (Please ensure that they are public)
Please keep your email short and sweet (less than 250 words) and we’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT DEAR STRAIGHT PEOPLE?
Contrary to popular belief, content creation takes up considerable time, effort and resources. Support Dear Straight People and our mission in producing LGBT+ content by joining us on Patreon!
HOW DO I STAY CONNECTED WITH DEAR STRAIGHT PEOPLE?
You may not reproduce, republish, distribute, display, perform, transmit, sell, or otherwise use any of the content on this site without our express written permission. If you wish to use any site content, please email your request to me at firstname.lastname@example.org