ABOUT DEAR STRAIGHT PEOPLE
Dear Straight People is the leading online LGBT publication based in Singapore that reaches over 300,000 people on Facebook.
Founded by Sean Foo, the aim of Dear Straight People has always been to provide our followers with a mix of positive content that is informative, inspiring and engaging.
Since its launch, Dear Straight People has:
- Published more than 50 different coming out stories of openly queer Asians ranging from an openly gay pastor to a same-sex family.
- Produced a range of videos ranging from an interview with a mother of two gay sons to a LGBT National Day song cover to empower Singapore’s LGBT community.
- Collaborated with community groups in fund-raising efforts such as producing this video for Singapore’s only LGBT counselling centre and this photo album for a sex worker rights group.
- Provided a platform for queer people to voice their opinionsand tell their stories.
- Raised awareness of pro-LGBT businesses through successful marketing campaigns.
So regardless of whether you are straight, gay, bi or trans etc, there is always something relevant and interesting for you to read on our website.
We also have our own YouTube Channel
WHAT IS THE END GOAL FOR THIS WEBSITE?
The ultimate goal for this website is to eventually grow it into the leading LGBT content and community platform for everyone in Asia, regardless of their sexuality.
HOW DO I ADVERTISE WITH YOU?
We’ve conducted successful promotional campaigns for a range of businesses targeting the ‘Pink Dollar’ before. You can take a look at one of the sponsored posts we’ve done which got over 1,000 organic shares here.
If you’re keen to partner with us, drop us an email at email@example.com and we will send you our media kit.
HOW DO I WRITE FOR YOU?
If you’re keen to contribute your story or opinion about LGBT related matters, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you shortly.
HOW DO I GET MYSELF FEATURED ON THE ‘OUT OF THE CLOSET‘ SERIES?
If you would like to have your story featured on the website, drop us an email containing the following information:
- A brief introduction of yourself
- Why you want to share your coming out story with Dear Straight People
- Links to your social media accounts (Please ensure that they are public)
Please keep your email short and sweet (less than 250 words) and we’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
HOW DO I STAY CONNECTED WITH DEAR STRAIGHT PEOPLE?
You can also support us on Patreon here: bit.ly/PatreonDSP
You may not reproduce, republish, distribute, display, perform, transmit, sell, or otherwise use any of the content on this site without our express written permission. If you wish to use any site content, please email your request to me at email@example.com