ABOUT DEAR STRAIGHT PEOPLE
Based in Singapore, Dear Straight People is Asia’s leading online LGBTQ+ publication that reaches over 1 million people a month on average across our various platforms.
Since our launch in 2015, Dear Straight People has:
- Published more than 60 different coming out stories of openly queer Asians ranging from an openly gay pastor to a same-sex family.
- Provided valuable resources for the LGBT+ community ranging from guides on home ownership to PrEP.
- Produced a range of impactful videos rangig from an interview with a mother of two gay sons to Singapore’s first gay BL web series.
- Collaborated with community groups in fund-raising efforts such as this video for Singapore’s only LGBT counselling centre and this photo album for a sex worker rights group.
- Provided a platform for queer people to voice their opinions and tell their stories.
- Raised awareness of pro-LGBT businesses through successful marketing campaigns.
So regardless of whether you are straight, gay, bi or trans etc, there is always something relevant and interesting for you to read on our website.
HOW DO I ADVERTISE WITH YOU?
We’ve conducted many successful promotional campaigns for a range of businesses targeting the ‘Pink Dollar’ across different industries.
Find out more here.
HOW DO I WRITE FOR YOU?
If you’re keen to contribute your story or opinion about LGBT related matters, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you shortly.
HOW DO I GET MYSELF FEATURED ON THE ‘OUT OF THE CLOSET‘ SERIES?
If you would like to have your story featured on the website, drop us an email containing the following information:
- A brief introduction of yourself
- Why you want to share your coming out story with Dear Straight People
- Links to your social media accounts (Please ensure that they are public)
Please keep your email short and sweet (less than 250 words) and we’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
HOW DO I STAY CONNECTED WITH DEAR STRAIGHT PEOPLE?
HOW CAN I SUPPORT DEAR STRAIGHT PEOPLE?
Contrary to popular belief, content creation takes up considerable time, effort and resources. Dear Straight People needs the support of the community in order for it to continue running.
Your support will go a long way in keeping Dear Straight People running so that we can continue producing content for the LGBT+ community.