Dear little me,
This is weird huh? Reading from adult you.
I wish I could say I’m older & wiser with some tips for you, but in reality, I’m probably just older.
Recently, you felt some things that made you confused. I won’t lie, you’ll still feel unsure for another 15 years, and feel fearful daily.
I’m sorry I didn’t have the courage to give you happiness earlier. You’ll spend 24 years of your life in denial of the one truth that you needed to acknowledge.
It’s going to be scary, it’s going to feel lonely, but hang in there.
Let’s make it easy for you, here’s what you need to know:
- Liking girls, liking guys? That’s normal. You’re bisexual.
- You’re also transgender. That’s the uneasiness you’ll feel in your skin.
- Accept yourself, you’ll find happiness you never knew.
- You will experience unconditional love from family and friends. Hold on to them.
- Experience life to the fullest, you don’t want regrets.
The journey will not be easy to get to where I am now, but I am here, and it is proof you will make it.
I promise you will still have that smile.
Your older self, Sebastian
Read other letters from Singaporeans here:
Support Dear Straight People On Patreon
Contrary to popular belief, content creation takes up considerable time, effort and resources. Support Dear Straight People and our mission in telling stories that broaden hearts and open minds by joining us on Patreon.