Dear Gay Men,
At one point or another, we’ve all been in the closet before. So regardless of whether you’re currently openly gay or still stuck in the closet, here are 10 common struggles of closeted gay men that you’ll probably be able to relate to:
1. You’re perpetually paranoid about people discovering your ‘deep dark secret’.
Like for example, my heart always skips a beat whenever my parents tell me they have something to say to me.
2. You’re more likely to fall for a straight dude since your social circle is mostly straight.
3. You are forever single since you’re too afraid to date guys
4. You desperately want to go to a gay club but you’re too scared of running into people you know there.
5. You make an effort to distance yourself from other gay men so that people won’t associate you with being gay.
6. You have no one to gush to about your hot male eye candies
7. You don’t dare to like the Facebook pages of LGBT related websites even though you visit them all the time
8. Most guys ignore you on gay apps cos you don’t have a face pic
9. You get uncomfortable whenever people around you start talking about relationship stuff
10. You feel like you have two personalities; Your ‘straight’ persona and your ‘gay’ persona.
Conclusion: Being closeted really isn’t any fun at all.
You might also like to read: